Sunday, July 25, 2021

Toast

I am a special kind of tired today. I was able to power through my classes yesterday and looked forward to sleeping last night. Usually after a day or two of really poor sleep, my body can't take anymore and shuts down. It's not optimal but is, and has been, my reality. Unfortunately, the pets had a different agenda. Poppy got me up around 1:00am to go outside, even though I took her out before bed. Milo thought 3:30 am was a better time for breakfast than 5:00. I love my pets but, like children, sometimes they test me!

It was raining this morning and I did enjoy a brief respite on the sofa. I knew Poppy had business so when the rain calmed a bit, I grabbed my giant umbrella and walked her to the park on the corner. She did pretty well on the way there but in her hurry to get home, she pulled and found herself right in the run-off of the umbrella. I wanted to kick her, as well as myself for losing my temper.  She is adorable and sweet but also the most stimulus response driven pet I have ever had!

So, we made it home, business done! I had a couple of privates and a virtual meeting. By the time I was done, Abby had gotten up and joined me in the living room. Typical teenager on summer break. She started watching Netflix and I joined her after a while. She's been watching the New Girl, a show I knew about but had never watched. It's entertaining but pretty silly. Perfect for checking out for a bit.

I got up to check the laundry and said some nonsensical Dr. Seuss-like thing and proceeded to lose my 💩! I managed to move the clothes from the washer to the dryer, to finish the laundry Abby had started, and then proceeded to sprawl across the top of the dryer laughing so hard I could not catch my breath. Abby joined the mayhem and it was hard to tell which one of us was more out of control. My stomach hurt, my eyes watered and I could not breathe! Stress relief, psychotic break, moment of zen? Whatever the cool kids call it, I was all in! I literally could not function.



No comments: